Geneva: Is it me or. . .



Feb. 19, 2015 4:57 PM

Is it me or are there loads of babies traveling these days? I can't remember the last time I had a trip that I wasn't seated next to a baby. A crying baby that doesn't know anything about getting beatings. LOL!!!

I'm annoyed. I'm kinda in a funky space anyway so this isn't helping.



6:30 AM

The flight was cool. I arrive early. The promoter arrives. He told me his car broke down. Immediately my spider senses start tingling. So we start walking to the train. THE TRAIN!!! I'm 300+ pounds, and I'm from the states where they keep all of the fat people. This man who is very slender begins walk/running to the train. I feel the sweat pouring underneath my shirt. He must have noticed my panting. So he says in this heavy French accent, "I will slu down for yew". I'm thinking its way late now bro. My shirt is wet!

Sigh..... Cest la vie.



8:00 AM

This hotel is dope! It's called Hotel N'vy. Purple, red, gold, really nice artwork, glass doors, lights, digital things and switches everywhere. Good pick. Two restaurants!!! Right up my alley!! My room is really nice. Ok. I can do this.

4:00 PM

This is the part that really matters. Sound Check. Vincent(the promoter) arrives but I notice, there's no car. No where!! And he starts walking!!! Maybe we're walking to the car. "The club is just errown ze cornear" the Vincent says as though he read my thoughts. He seems to walk a little slower, feeling sorry for me. LOL. Creep.

We arrive at club Silencio and they're already setup!! That almost never happens. They seem ready to go. There's a big poster of me at the entrance of the club. Now I'm feeling like Justin Beiber up in this piece. Everyone was waiting to see what I was going to do. And this is just a sound check. I started to check the keyboard and mic when I noticed the camera phones and flashes. Wow!! I'd better be really good. The sound in this place is amazing.



5:03 PM

That was a quick sound check. I'm headed back to the hotel. Feeling pleased. I jump in the cab. But wait. I forgot to use the bathroom. Man. I almost told them to let me back in the club because....lets just say I've been prairie dogging a biscuit for the last half hour. But it's now ready to come out. The hotel is right around "ze cornear". I should be able to make it. And that's when it happened. I felt a sneeze coming on. Oh God Please. Not now. I'm in Europe. 6'3 tall, 309 lb. black man in this little cab with the promoter. A sneeze right now would be utter disaster. Did I mention I've been eating chocolate and coffee earlier? This would be a pivotal moment in my career. God. If you can hear me. Please. Don't let this sneeze happen now. The closer we got to the hotel, the more I begin to feel as though God was busy and didn't have time for me. I didn't sneeze. But please let me out of this car now. We were just one small block away. And I'm ready to jump out of this car. When I got out, I had to go so bad, that I limped to my room. I limped!! I know that sounds gross. But you chose to read this blog!! Anyway. I made it. Whew!!


Feb. 20 1:00 AM

It's time. I get picked up. And driven to the club. The place is packed. Everything sounds good. The DJ's are local. But dope. I do the show and it went well. I was on. The songs were all accepted, crowd participation. Good night. Parenthetically speaking, people are the same all over the world. They all like gatherings with good music, food, and drinks. And there is something spiritual about the gathering of like minded people on one accord. It's really difficult to explain but I felt a togetherness with these people. It was beautiful.

1:36 PM

I met up with a few of my Geneva friends, Francois, Emilie and Grego. We go to this Peruvian restaurant. I thought of Mario Romay. My only Peruvian brother that I love so much. The food was great. We laughed and had great conversation. Afterwards, we go to the vinyl store. Now we're talking. I checked out some funk and disco jams.



9:27 PM

Emilie is a really cool person. She DJ's at the hotel where I'm staying. So I go down to listen while eating dinner. Why don't we do this at home? Or maybe we do and I'm just so super corny that I don't know about it. Lounges that serve great food and the DJ can play softly, but loud enough that we can dance if we want to. This is just awesome. I'm having a type of thinly sliced pork that's been aged for 36 months. That along with freshly baked bread and pumpkin mousse.

Wow!!! I'm going upstairs in a few. This hotel has a guitar collection that most guitar players I know can appreciate. For starters, they have one of Jimi Hendrix's guitars amongst many others. Wow.

I have to leave super early in the morning. There may be an issue with my flight because of the snow in the states.


Feb. 22 2:17 AM

Why am I up? They're playing the Montreux Jazz Concert on TV. Richard Galliano(accordion player), Bireli Lagrene(my favorite guitar player), and Didier Lockwood(violinist) are KILLING!!! I have got to play more guitar. I have 4. I will definitely start playing more.

3:30 AM

Random thought. Does it make me gay because I like the N'SYNC Christmas album? Don't judge me.

6:47 AM

I just bought a sandwich, a can of Pringles and a water for $21.
Man.

6:36 PM

Home safe and sound. I'm fighting going in the studio. I need to just chill. Pop some popcorn and eat Raisinets. Love you guys.

Related Articles

blog archive